Frank Lloyd Wright FLW 51 Bench Unitarian Meeting House
Built in 1951, the Unitarian Meeting House is recognized as one of the world's most innovative spiritual spaces and one of Frank Lloyd Wright's most influential projects. Frank Lloyd Wright's parents were founding members of the congregation and he was a long time member of the First Unitarian Society, which was housed in the Unitarian Meeting House. This project had great significance to Wright and expresses his dedication to both architectural and spiritual practice. Designed in 1951, the benches of the Unitarian Meeting House were utilitarian tools for the practice of worship. They were designed to use all of the pine particle board with no waste. This bench is 42 inches wide, 24 inches deep, and 20 inches high.